Easter Sweets and Treats
The Easter celebration has become synonymous with Chocolate and Hot cross buns!
Thanks to a rise in sugar-free alternatives and constant experimentation with raw foods becoming more popular these days - Healthy Easter eggs (those that replace refined sugar, gluten, artificial colours and flavours with more nutritionally nice ingredients now exist!)
Here's some sweet solutions that are antioxidant rich, fun to make but are also right on the Easter mark!
This is one that I make with the kids every year and is always a hit!
Freeze 3 bananas in pieces
You can either:
1. Melt one block of 85% Pana Chocolate and add a 1 heaped tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp allspice and stir through.
2. Pour melted chocolate into molds so it coats the outside and set in the freezer. (Skip to Step 6)
Or to make a raw chocolate shell you can:
1. Melt the 1/2 cup of cacao butter and 1/2 cup of coconut oil in a bowl set in a warm water bath. If you shave the cacao from the block with a knife, the shavings will melt easily. Once melted, remove the bowl containing the cacao butter from the water bath.
2. Add 3 TBS brown rice syrup or maple syrup to the melted cacao butter and stir to incorporate. The brown rice syrup is thick and it is easiest to blend it with the melted cacao butter before adding the cacao powder.
3. Add the 1/2 cup of cacao powder and stir until smooth.
4. Pour the liquid chocolate into your mold of choice.
5. Place into refrigerator or freezer to harden. They should be ready in less than 30 minutes
6. In a high powered blender blend frozen bananas to soft serve consistency and spoon into set chocolate molds. You can get creative and add frozen berries for different colours etc.
With the 'creme egg look' I just swirl a bit of turmeric into the banana. Set for 1/2hour.
7. Take out of the freezer and run a hot knife over the flat surface and stick together with another half.
8. Place back in the freezer until you are going to eat.
9. Before serving let defrost for 5 minutes!
Here's a few more Easter recipes contributed from my favourite foodie creators!
Creme eggs were always a childhood favourite. This number is the perfect substitute...
For the recipe go to: https://happybodyformula.com/paleo-creme-eggs/
Hosting an Easter lunch? Need to finish off with something a bit special. This is a showstopper!
For the recipe go to: https://ascensionkitchen.com/raw-chocolate-raspberry-tart-gluten-free-vegan/
Pretty hard to beat the chocolate and coconut combo!!
For the recipe go to: https://nourishinghub.com.au/blogs/recipes/16618839-delicious-coconut-bounty-balls
The girls will love this...
For the recipe go to: http://www.thenourishedpsychologist.com/raspberry-ripe-Easter-eggs/
Oh the smell of Hot Cross buns. Perfect for pulling out on Easter Sunday!!
I hope these recipes inspire some fun creations in the kitchen! Wishing you a very Happy Easter!!